Thursday 16 February 2012

Great week :)

The week gone has been a really good one :)
Teaching has been the biggest highlight, as the students have really begun opening up to me. This has made my lesson planning and teaching so much easier and much more enjoyable. When they aren't afraid to talk to you, you can really understand how much they do and dont know. And giving them the opportunity to have a conversation in English means their confidence grows more and more every day.

We had 7 new volunteers arrive this week, including another Kiwi. The house is now full and everyone seems so busy. It has been great to meet some new people and talk about all the different travel adventures they have been on.
We are having a big welcome party at the pool on Saturday with a live band and a bqq to entertain us, so that will be fun!!

Also most of you know now, but I was in a motorcycle accident my second week here. My teacher and I slipped down a bank and the bike crushed my ribs and shins. I went to the doctor last week to make sure I hadn't broken anything as I was in a lot of pain. However everything was ok, just bruised and swollen.
The pain has decreased a lot this week and I can finally sleep through the night now. So that has also made my week much more enjoyable :) 

Temperatures are continuing to increase here. When I arrived in January it was averaging around 30 degrees during the day. We are up to 38 degrees now and it doesnt drop below 20 at night. Cold showers before bed are a blessing and ice coffee, fruit shakes and lemonade are 50% of the daily diet.

So all up, week 4 has been a lot of fun and very rewarding. This weekend marks my halfway mark... only 4 more weeks to go!

Hope you have all had a good week too!! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment