Tuesday 17 January 2012

Hello from Siem Reap!!
Made it through customs alive - the officers there were rather grumpy. But the lovely Cambodian woman that picked me from the airport who works for Interweave made up for that :)
We rode back to the guest house togther on the back of a bike - rather bumpy and dusty but super fun! She then showed me round my accommodation.
I am sleeping in a "hut" with 2 other girls. We have an outside shower and toilet and have to wear barefeet in every room - everything is so tropical. 
All the other volunteers are so friendly. I was the last to arrive so they were all waiting for me outside and ran over and gave me a big hug when I got here. Was such a nice welcome.
We are having a big dinner together tonight before the 4 day orientation starts tomorrow! A big package was waiting on my bed with all the details and so much exciting stuff to read.
The guest house is awesome - its made up of big huts that are joined together with hammocks and lounges inbetween. It has two kitchens, a library, a tv room and big outdoor area. It feels like I'm on school camp!
Well I better go and be socialable now - so many new names to learn :)
Everything is so foreign and little overwhelming, but I think I am going to have a blast!
I have the day off on Sunday, so will take some photos and post a big update then. Enjoy the rest of your week xx



3 comments:

  1. it sounds like you have stepped on to a movie set, not sure what movie though.
    keep the blogs coming....much more interesting than work!!!

    :-)Janine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lee-Anne is busy doing YOUR job....I am not sure what Bill is doing.
    they can't seem to post comments so it is up to me...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds fun, nice blog :)

    ReplyDelete